Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word “negotiation,” the truth is that we negotiate all the time. For example, have you ever:
- Decided where to eat with a group of friends?
- Decided on chore assignments with your family?
- Asked your boss for a raise?
These are all situations that involve negotiating! This program will give participants an understanding of the phases of negotiation, tools to use during a negotiation, and ways to build win-win solutions for all those involved.
Who Should Attend?Ideal for sales people, managers, account managers and other professions wherein negotiation is a criteria in business transactions. The candidate must know the basic of English language and should have completed high school / undergraduation.
- Understanding Negotiation
- Getting Prepared
- Laying the Groundwork
- Phase 1 – Exchanging Information
- Phase 2 – Bargaining
- About Mutual Gain
- Phase 3 – Closing
- Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Negotiation Outside the Boardroom
- Negotiating on Behalf of Someone Else
Learning Outcomes:At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else