Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers. Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them, or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie.
Who Should Attend?Ideal for candidates (administrators) who want to understand the basic principles of book-keeping and accounting to ensure knowledgeable and accurate support to the Accounting and Finance Department. The candidate must know the basic of English language and should have completed high school / undergraduation.
- Understanding Terminologies (Balance Sheet, Assets, Liabilities, Income Statement, Revenues, etc.)
- Accounting Methods
- Keeping Track of Your Business
- Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Financial Statements
- Payroll Accounting & Terminologies
- End of Period Procedures
- Financial Planning, Budgeting & Control
Learning Outcomes:At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.